cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Product Ideas Review (and Feedback)

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Product Ideas Review (and Feedback)

Came across this today on the SolidWorks website.  I hope some day PTC gets to the point where they seriously consider ALL product ideas, not just those that hit a certain threshold.  Today the product ideas feel like a big black hole.  For the vast majority of ideas we have no idea if a product manager has seen the idea, what they think of it, or how it fits into the roadmap.

Every year, our users submit thousands of enhancement requests for our solution portfolio. We review all user requests, prioritize the ones we will work on and release enhancements with our annual major release in September as well as service packs throughout the year. 

(emphasis mine)

1 REPLY 1
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:TomU)

@TomU 

This is great feedback!   I know the ideas process will definitely be talked about during the PTC/USER Winter Forum

Since we started revamping the community in 2017, I can honestly say more attention is happening surrounding product ideas.  I know because I meet with each product segment on a quarterly basis specifically to talk about activity and success of PTC Working Groups and PTC Product Ideas.  True, those ideas with the most votes and support from the community get the most floor time.  #workinprogress

Top Tags