cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.

Just to re-iterate, because it is getting VERY annoying.

Can you (PTC/Lithium) please solve this bug where the forum will not accept valid Mathcad and/or Prime files as attachments.

For further information, see here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Survey-direct-Mathcad-files-attachments/m-p/476730#M172277.

Luc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Apparently it did get (at least some of) the attention it deserved. The problem is gone for now.

Luc

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I was just curious so I went and found mathcad files (in the mathcad forum)

**edit**it worked on the one mathcad11.mcd but the 2 prime files refused to attach.

I certainly understand the frustration!!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Apparently you never had true Mathcad installed on the machine that you're using...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Correct

Hi LucMeekes,

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. We are investigating the issue based on what you have reported here and in the linked post. We will provide an update as soon as one if available.

Thank you,

PTCModerator

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:PTCModerator)

I don't see the reason for a 'Creo sneak preview' anouncement on the forum part for Mathcad. I think I have better use for it, especially since this bug is still not fixed.

Please change that text to something like the following:

"If you experience problems when attaching a Mathcad sheet file ( .mcd, .xmcd or .mcdx) to the message then zip it first.
To get the .zip file, use Windows Explorer, select the sheet file, right-mouse click and select "Send to" then "Compressed (zipped) folder".
This results in a .zip file containing the worksheet that you can attach."

Thanks,

Luc

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@LucMeekes wrote:

I don't see the reason for a 'Creo sneak preview' anouncement on the forum part for Mathcad. I think I have better use for it, especially since this bug is still not fixed.

Please change that text to something like the following:

"If you experience problems when attaching a Mathcad sheet file ( .mcd, .xmcd or .mcdx) to the message then zip it first.
To get the .zip file, use Windows Explorer, select the sheet file, right-mouse click and select "Send to" then "Compressed (zipped) folder".
This results in a .zip file containing the worksheet that you can attach."

Thanks,

Luc

DONE! 🙂  I apologize for the delay.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:PTCModerator)

I was wondering if this SERIOUS BUG still gets the attention it deserves...

Luc

It looks like this problem is not getting any serious attention on part of PTC.

I highly second your suggestion that users of the forum should be warned about the forum being imperfectly faulty and buggy and that attachments of files created by PTC software like Mathcad can not be attached directly but must be put into an archive first.

Ridiculous that this bug still is not fixed!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Apparently it did get (at least some of) the attention it deserved. The problem is gone for now.

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

Luc

Yes, @Jaime_Lee posted in the forum for the Community Refresh that it was fixed.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Refresh/Mathcad-File-Types-Fix-is-HERE/m-p/547263#M510

If you are not a part of the refresh group, you won't have access to it, however.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags