Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace recovery/rename tools

Maybe that's where the issues are - We have never used the Cache tool in Pro/E to clear cache.

After verifying that all wanted files in all workspaces are uploaded, our users clear cache by removing the cache folder using a batch file (doesn't delete it - just moves it to a date stamped archive location). Next time Pro/E is launched a mapkey registers the server to generate a new cache.

I don't even know what an Event Manager cleanup operation is so it's unlikely we do that either.

Mike

That's very interesting. We've been experiencing a sharp increase in workspace problems lately.

Just a quick question. Are you removing the .wf folder entirely? Or are you only deleting the .cache2008 folder (the cache) while leaving the .Settings folder?

I assume you're removing the entire .wf if you have to reset the server registry every time. I wonder if only removing the cache and keeping the .Settings would accomplish the same thing but alleviate the need to re-register on every Creo launch.

I ask because our .Settings folder contains more than just the server registry. Though, come to think of it, I could just copy out the user's specifics and copy in the default .fld file to re-register the server without needing to get them to use a mapkey.

The settings folder also contains the favorites the user may have defined.

David Haigh

We set the following two folders in the Creo startup file:

set PTC_WF_ROOT=%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Creo2\WF
set CREO_AGENT_HOME=%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Creo2\CA

When we clear cache as I described previously it's these two folders we're removing. I haven't gotten complaints about lost favorites so maybe our users don't use that functionality.

Mike