cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

names are better, sidebar still lacks

StephenW
23-Emerald II

names are better, sidebar still lacks

The board names have improved significantly, instead of just "more" you've given us much more descriptive names. The sidebar name is still "more" .

And as been mentioned before, it's not helpful to have "ideas" links from other software...In the image below, we are in the Creo Parametric board, but we have sidebar links to ideas for Parametric (good) , Direct (BAD), and addtl creo (BAD).

If you are posting in Parametric (or just browsing parametric) those links seem out of place.

addtl.jpg

more.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your suggestions ! Let me see if I get it right: you seem to be saying two things:

1. the names for the Creo boards have improved, although it seems you are still in favor of further simplification. Do you have any specific suggestions on how to do that ? We would be happy for hearing about it.

2. the access to the other board names in the sidebar navigation seems out of place, once the navigation is placed within one specific board, not really helping and being rather confusing. Do I get it right that your recommendation is to eliminate that navigation to other groups to avoid confusion (once inside one specific group) ? Do you have any specific suggestion on how could that look like ? 

Based on your feedback, we would bring it to internal discussion and see the feasibility to improve that.

Many thanks in advance !

-Ignacio

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:IgnacioFdB)

1. the naming has improved, I'll have to look for specific examples of ones that are still inappropriately named.

2. Correct, the sidebar is still confusing due to the links to other programs. Just make appropriate links. For example, in the CREO PARAMETRIC/PART-MODELING board, the GOOD sidebar links are CREO PARAMETRIC TIPS and CREO PARAMETRIC IDEAS. These links provide valuable content to the Creo Parametric users. However, the BAD sidebar links for CREO ELEMENTS DIRECT IDEAS and MORE CREO IDEAS should be removed. These links refer to different programs and have no value to Creo Parametric users. (The creo name doesn't mean the same program, it is an unfortunate marketing ploy, but sorry, that is beyond the scope of this forum)

wrong-links.jpg

Thanks for those explanations ! , I will bring this to discussion to the Community Management Team.

-Ignacio

Top Tags