cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

"Sending Message" just brings you to the PTC message app

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

"Sending Message" just brings you to the PTC message app

Recently went to send someone a message and had the drop down from their name to the "Send Message" box.

Typed my message and sent it.

When I got a reply back, it wasn't from the person that I sent the message.

Just a found out the the "Send Message" button brings you to the messaging app within the software, it does not start a message from the person from which you clicked "Send Message"

Not sure if this is works as intended or it is a bug.

Becareful,

Dale

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Dale,

Thank you for this feedback - we will communicate this to our platform provider.

Thanks.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Almost got caught by this again. Any update?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I did notice that if you click the 'compose' button, the person you intended to send the message to will automatically populate the 'Send to' field.

TomU_1-1601928860181.png

TomU_2-1601928886740.png

I do agree though, clicking send message should take your directly to this second screen shot.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Tom,

When I hover over the person's name, I just get "Send Message" and "View Profile". Where is the little "Compose Icon" that you are showing?

Thanks,

Dale

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It's on the next page that loads, AFTER clicking 'send message'.  Left side, near 'Inbox'.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Very un-intuitive. Last time I just started typing in the reply area, because I thought it had brought me to the last conversation with the person to which I clicked.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I agree...it's very unexpected that the send message" option is shown when you are over a user but it takes you to "my messages", with the first message in the list opened with a reply box available...

Top Tags