cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Part properties from database

Part properties from database

All parts have material properties like density, color and transparency.

But during creating a new part there is no possibility to set this. It has to be done later.

My suggestion: setting density, color and transparency in the "create_part" dialogue.

Ideally with some customized pulldown entries:

material-00.jpg

One step further: a database of materials which can be filled by every company.

Somebody made this before in lisp and I integrated it into my "create_part" function.

4x click and a new part is born. Enclosed some screenshots.

Could also be used for changing a part in the "part_prop" window.

(sorry for the pictures from german language version)

Best regards !

Matthias

3 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Thank you for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (questions below). You may simply add a comment to your idea. The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. In your case, that would be questions 1,2,4 and 5. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.

Please let us know within the next two weeks.

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?

Here are a few examples of well documented ideas:

Make Shrinkwrap quality more scalable to data size... - PTC Community

Improve/fix the sheetmetal mirror feature - PTC Community

[Eztol] Rename action not synchronous in Eztol - PTC Community

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.

highway45
10-Marble

Ok, it seems I can't modify my first text, so I add it here:

1. about me
We are producing articles for shop equipment. I'm a developer for metal and plastic components, assemblies and part lists. Responsible for all communication with peripher departments like production, sales, purchase and marketing.

2. software
PTC Creo Elements Direct Modeling 20.0 including sheet metal
Phoenix PDM 11

4. use case
The daily business of creating and changing 3d parts would be easier.
~4x click and a new part is born, instead of ~12x click now.

5. value
The individuality of densities at each single part would be decreased and phantasy properties will be avoided.

Best regards !

Matthias

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you for your additional info. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.