cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

CoCreate Modeling 2008 (x64) Annotation loading problem

thigdon
5-Regular Member

CoCreate Modeling 2008 (x64) Annotation loading problem

I'm having a problem starting Annotation. The error involves TEXT that i have "DEFINED AS A TEMPLATE".

The error states that the defined text is too long. I think if I can delete the this text the problem will be resolved.

I have tried to follow the file path in the error but have had zero success.

Can someone tell me where these text/templates are stored !?

20191101_105838.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

So when you follow the path in the error you don't see the .lsp file with a name that starts with "IDENTIFY INTAKE..."?

The error message says "too Long filename".
I suspect that some LISP code has concatenaded wrong/corrupt data to build the filename.
I do not assume that the (strange) file should really exist.

Finding out the root cause requires LISP troubeshooting skills.

thigdon
5-Regular Member
(To:MaxR.Kublin)

Yes, I know what the error says, and It is a real error it is not concocted.

There is a text I created "IDENTIFY INTAKE AND EXHAUST PORTS, (VIEWING........." then saved as a TEMPLATE is partially in the error message  Apparently it is too long for the file limits, which is the root cause..

I need to know where these Template - Texts are saved.

The path is in the error message.

Max stated 

LISP code has concatenaded

This is a lisp code to combine or link strings together.    This is a real error.  I am sorry you misunderstood.

Did you create the text template or did an admin create the template.

If you created it, it is either stored in an admin defined location, or it is stored under

c:\users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\PTC\(Creo....version)\annotation\texts

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
Top Tags