cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Color of the mesh elements

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Color of the mesh elements

Hi all,

when in the mesh there are more of one type of element (generally tetra) we have a different color of the elements: a different kind of blue.

in creo 2 we have the possibility of generate a more detailed mesh, so we can use also wedge and brick elements.

But I think wedges and bricks have the same colour.

Cattura.JPG

It would be nice to have the possibility of deciding the colour of each element.

Is there already this possibility?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Giulio,

Shaun is correct....In Creo 3, users can control the element colors using color tree.

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/3471/color-tree-for-simulate-objects

By default Creo Simulate uses three different shades of blue for brick/wedge/tetra elements. For 2D quad/tri elements, two different shades of green are used.

This is to help distinguish the different type of elements used.

Thanks,

Mark Fischer

Thanks mark,

I've seen that already in the previous pre/E-Creo releases was present a different color map for the element of the mesh, but, in my opinion, the difference was much small and you was not be able to understand well if "that" element was a wedge or tetra, because in surface they are similar.

I have branched the new question from Andreas Voigt (display performance with creo 2.0) into another thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/57622

Top Tags