cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo-2: Large deformation analysis

sshanishchar
1-Newbie

Creo-2: Large deformation analysis

Hello All,

I am working on ROPS analysis ( Large deformation analysis). I have couple of questions related to analysis.

1. Since the 2D shell does not support large deformation analysis with elastic-plastic material properties, I am meshing the structure with Solid elements. I am not able to map meshed it because of complex joints in model, so my first question is will I have a lot of convergence issue if i model with Solid Tet elements. If Yes, what are the precautions i need to take if i want to continue with Tet mesh?

2. What is the best way to run sequential analysis, as the load sequence change in ROPS. IS there any option like model change as used in Abaqus.

3. How to run restart analysis?

I am new to Creo simulate and trying to replicate analysis which was done in Abaqus before, so need some information for the same.

Regards,

Sarvesh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Sarvesh,

For your first question,just use tets,it's ok so long as your analysises are not finite contact analysises. I've used this for over a year and it converges very well.

And for the second,use mecbatch to sovle the sequential analysis.

For the third, I really don't understand what you want to do, it's kind of vague.

Sarvesh,

We don't have restart analyses anymore.

We lost this capability a long time ago.

When we had it I think it was only for MPA.

atb

Top Tags