cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 4.0 Import Photo or 2D Drawing

ptc-4068505
1-Newbie

Creo 4.0 Import Photo or 2D Drawing

Hi

Is it possible to import a phot or 2D drawing and have on one workplane and on another copy over the photo or drawing ? Is there a good tutorial somewhere, have done some searching with no luck.

Thks

Charlie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Everyone

Can someone help me out with this question. I am sure it is a simple procedure, but I have not been able to locate an answer.

our help would be appreciated.

Regards

Charlie

original poster

Hi charlie,

may be an idea...

I am actually using Cocreate Modeling 17.0 software. To insert a photo or drawing I use the rendering module.

I copy a material and change its texture in the parameters by browing a .pjg file ( or else...).

Just have to scale it afterward.

regards

denis

browsing and not browing!!!!

Hello,

you can use the Rendering Module and add a Decal to your part. Add Decal in the rendering module.

this would enable you to add this to your part. (rotation and placements on face is possible)

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Can you give me a url where the down load for rendering is, for Creo 4

I have searched with no luck.

Thanks

Charlie

hello,

its part of the professional version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling. Go to the View Tab or activate it thru Modules..

If you use the Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express - also known as "Modeling PE" then the Rendering module is not available. See the comapre sheet on the Modeling Express sheet to see the differences.

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/129462/en/6772_Creo_Express_TS_EN.pdf

Top Tags