cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Elements / Direct - Model Manager v20.0

pmenendez
1-Newbie

Creo Elements / Direct - Model Manager v20.0

Hi all,

We have been using Model Manager v17.0 for 5 years. We don't use any other module of PTC Creo as we are using Siemens Solid Edge as our CAD software.

We think that it is time to update Model Manager but we'd like to wait to v20.0.

I have found some info about PTC Creo E/D v20.0 but all news about Model Manager that I can find is about tools to migrate to Windchill but none about developing of v20.0.

Do you know if Model Manager v20.0 is going to be developed?

Should we migrate to Windchill?

Thank you very much in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
tivancso
14-Alexandrite
(To:pmenendez)

Hello Pablo,

Model Manager v20 is still being released and will coincide with the other Creo Elements Direct v20 releases. I think it is slated for a December 2016 release but I do not have an official date.

As for moving from Model Manager to Windchill that is something that your company is going to need to look into as to what can be migrated from Model Manager to Windchill (PDMLink). I can tell you coming from a very customized Model Manager environment the migration tasks would be very daunting and time consuming, as well a completely new experience for users.

One voice of hopefully more that will add to this question here.

Regards,

Thom

Hi Pablo,

As Thomas mentions, indeed v20 will be released in December 2016.

We have seen roadmaps where there are plans for v21 and v22.

So no need to migrate to Windchill if you don't need extra functionality.

Best regards,

Wim.

Companies considering a migration to Windchill must note that as of today, only Modeling/Model Manager V19 (nineteen) can be migrated.

akarev
4-Participant

We have received official statement from PTC. Model Manager will no longer be developed. Only perfective maintenance (Bug Fixing, Windows compatibility). No any functional enchancements. The "Evolution" for MM customer: Model Manger -> Workgroup Manager + WindChill. But the software is not discontinued.

Thank you all for your replies.

According to your comments It seems that Model Manager is not going to be discontinued (despite there will not be new functionalities), does It mean that we will have v21 and v22 as well?

I personally have seen a roadmap from PTC including version 21 and 22.

akarev
4-Participant

On the latest ptc slide it looks like this:ptc_roadmap.png

Moreover, Statement of PTC to guarantee a support of further 5-7 years after the last (whenever) CED-version.

Top Tags