cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Elements View Express crashes

ANDYKALATI
1-Newbie

Creo Elements View Express crashes

I'm not a PTC/Creo power user by any means. Just a solo guy in NY running on a poor-man's budget, and working with some PTC Creo (PreE) pros doing a mechanical design. I desperately need to see their designs and catch further mistakes (there have been many in the past). So they recommended creo elements view express, which I just downloaded (rev 10.0 F000 build 93). However, it constantly crashes when I try to open most files (it does open a few, but very few). Any ideas on what's going on? This is on a Win7 x32 laptop. Tried doing "Repair" install just to make sure nothing was corrupt.

Is there a different freeware tool to be using?

Thanks much for any assistance.

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

This could be a Graphics card issue. Install a good graphics card with 1 GB ram. You should then be able to open assemblies too. Most laptops used typically for word processing and spreadsheet software use may not be able to handle it.

I operate on a desktop win7, 64 bit, with 1 GB graphics card and 4 GB ram. Yet, when I try to open VERY LARGE assemblies containing around 600 to 800 parts, it crashes. Unfortunately, we cannot use reps in View-express.

Doubt it's the graphics card, since it opens more complex designs and crashes on simple ones. Unfortunately, I'm not authorized to upload any of the designs. Seems to choke more on DRWs, also some PRTs and ASMs. I think the issue is that these were created with an older version of ProE. I've tried an older rev of Creo ViewExp (9.1) which I had, but no difference. Perhaps a very old version will do better? Any ideas where to get one?

Hello!

ANDY KALATI wrote:

...However, it constantly crashes when I try to open most files (it does open a few, but very few). Any ideas on what's going on?...

Could you attach these files?

Top Tags