cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

Visitor

Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

Tried to start Creo this morning which failed. I have had this before and used manual activation, but when I try this today I get a 404 error (address is https://www.ptc.com/appserver/securePeModeling/peManualLic.jsp?lang=en&u=Niall etc)

How can I start Creo?

44 REPLIES 44

Re: Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

Hi,

did you got the following message before, and you have used those 48 hours (worked offline) before you where blokked?

work_offline_48hrs.jpg

i think the server is down again.

Work arround is to turn your System clok manually back in time if you need the program.

Last time we got again and again 48 hours

Hope this helps 😉

Highlighted

Re: Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

Same issue here as well.I even reinstalled (modified) the software to no avail. When request for activation key is prompted, it goes to a 404 page not found.

Hi I have the same problem! ... May be accumulating occurrences helps to speed up things!

Didn't get the option to work offline, so I can't use this method unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though

When I click the request manual activation key on the following dialog I get "Server Error - 404 Not found" so I can't get a key (Unless anyone knows of an alternative method of getting a key?).

I realise this software is free, but people like me rely on being able to access it. I have several projects which I cannot access. PTC really need to realise this and their lack of response is unacceptable.

Just as an aside. A question to PTC - As this software is free, why is an online license check required in the first place. But given that it is this way, can PTC please respond and let us know what is going on, and what they are doing to correct the problem!

For exemple 😉

work_offline_change_date.jpg

Hi,

same issue here.

Don't have any offline options?

ptc.JPG

Hi,

i have the same issue.

But my workaround works.

Look at my picture.

Change your system clok to for example 1. May and you can work at least until the server is online again.

But be patient.

Sometime it took long time before he came back.

Same issue today. Unable to start Modeling PE.

Hallo Louis,

did you try my proposal?

>Change your system clok to for example 1. May and you can work at least until the server is online again.

work_offline_change_date.jpg