cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

nmarriott
4-Participant

Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

Tried to start Creo this morning which failed. I have had this before and used manual activation, but when I try this today I get a 404 error (address is https://www.ptc.com/appserver/securePeModeling/peManualLic.jsp?lang=en&u=Niall etc)

How can I start Creo?

45 REPLIES 45

Hi,

did you got the following message before, and you have used those 48 hours (worked offline) before you where blokked?

work_offline_48hrs.jpg

i think the server is down again.

Work arround is to turn your System clok manually back in time if you need the program.

Last time we got again and again 48 hours

Hope this helps 😉

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
nmarriott
4-Participant
(To:FriedhelmK)

Didn't get the option to work offline, so I can't use this method unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though

When I click the request manual activation key on the following dialog I get "Server Error - 404 Not found" so I can't get a key (Unless anyone knows of an alternative method of getting a key?).

I realise this software is free, but people like me rely on being able to access it. I have several projects which I cannot access. PTC really need to realise this and their lack of response is unacceptable.

Just as an aside. A question to PTC - As this software is free, why is an online license check required in the first place. But given that it is this way, can PTC please respond and let us know what is going on, and what they are doing to correct the problem!

I agree you Niall. Just wondering same thing. Why this free sw need this kind of online check. And then PTC company does not care anything of sw users.

This kind of situation is really unacceptable. Is it aim of the PTC company that we all move to use another CAD sw? This kind of customer support is not good ad to PTC company. I would rather pay something about good reliability. This sw is free and therefore have limit of part quantity. Why PTC use unreliable online server checking? That server checking is still okay for me if PTC give adequate level support to users and take care of this server usability. I have seen this same episode earlier and it took very many days before PTC solved the issue. In my mind this give very bad image of PTC and it's customer service and SW usability ensuring.

Esa, I don't really think of this software as "free". PTC has made the app available for us to use for as long as they see fit. If we choose to use it then so be it, they owe us nothing. I suspect the whole reason behind the "free to use" app is that at some point we buy the real thing. I did actually look at buying it then I got the quote something like 3400GBP, I can't I afford that as I use it for a hobby in the main. There are no free lunches in this world. Another point, look at how many of us are here having a moan, a handful at best. So the world hasn't come to an end....

Now, you may think I am on the side of PTC here but I'm not, just stating a few facts we need to consider. I am actually really fed up with this arrangement they have, why can't they just offer this app either free no strings or sell it at a price that people can afford. I have a few models that were hundreds of hours of work and they are now locked-up until PTC get sorted. In fact I really cannot think how this server issue can be going on so long, I really can't. May be they actually do want people to move on after all they make nothing from this free offering. Just guessing here.....

Fingers crossed they do sort this out as I would like to do some modeling!!

Same issue here as well.I even reinstalled (modified) the software to no avail. When request for activation key is prompted, it goes to a 404 page not found.

Hi I have the same problem! ... May be accumulating occurrences helps to speed up things!

For exemple 😉

work_offline_change_date.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi,

same issue here.

Don't have any offline options?

ptc.JPG

Hi,

i have the same issue.

But my workaround works.

Look at my picture.

Change your system clok to for example 1. May and you can work at least until the server is online again.

But be patient.

Sometime it took long time before he came back.

Hello FriedhelmK,

I followed your recommendations (date manually setup) but it does not work for me.

I hope the issue will be fixed by PTC soon.

Best regards

Hello FriedhelmK,

I followed your recommendations (date manually setup) but it does not work for me.

I hope the issue will be fixed by PTC soon.

Best regards

Same issue today. Unable to start Modeling PE.

Hallo Louis,

did you try my proposal?

>Change your system clok to for example 1. May and you can work at least until the server is online again.

work_offline_change_date.jpg

Hello all,

the same issue for me. In my case I can set my clock to any time but I don't get the work offline button. It seems that I need to wait until the server is online again...

Best regards

Hi, I have same issue and did try your proposal solution but it did not work.

Shall I restart PC after having updated the date before try?

ajadhav-2
6-Contributor
(To:FriedhelmK)

Hi,

I tried to activate the software by changing the date as you have menitioned but it din't work, its still showing the same error.

Do you have any information till when the server should get back online.?

Regards,

Anand

So, this did not work for me, because I've to login first with my User-ID and Password. After that, I cannot see the Button with "Work offline"

I think Creo deleted my license-File, because it was already to old.

I'm sure I saw something with regard they were doing some upgrade or maintenance to their servers the other day. However, I had feared the time would come when they would stop me from modeling. I guess they are not concerned for people who use the free app. Having both the licence server and manual activition method out at the same time is really poor show. 😞

I also have the same problem. 404 error when i tried manual activation procedure. Tried changing system clock, but it doesn't show work offline option. Hope the issue gets resolved as soon as possible.

Same issue here, earlier this week I worked offline because activiation did not work, on top of that I now get this message

Knipsel_register.PNG

When I fill in my email +password I get the following message:

Knipsel_proxy.PNG

Setting back the system clock unfortunately does not work for me... 😞

Fred

ajadhav-2
6-Contributor
(To:nmarriott)

Hi,

Lets hope that server get back online soon..

eagerly waiting for the reply from the PTC official on this error.

Best regards,

Anand

mkao
5-Regular Member
(To:nmarriott)

Same issue as well. Looks like the license server is down. Changing the date does not help so we'll have to wait till it's up again.

Still same issue today...

Good day everyone - thanks for bringing this to my attention - I have raised the flags internally.

I hope to have a report soon.

Best,

Toby

nmarriott
4-Participant
(To:Tmetcalf)

Thanks Toby, that's much appreciated.

Regards,

Niall

Hello Toby,

sounds good. Thank you.

The problem seems to me ,that the license server was used by the former CoCreate and Ptc rented it to continue the license server for Express.

By for me unfathomable reason the account is blocked from time to time.

Maybe the bill was not paid 😉

Last time Christmas 2016, and all Ptc on vacation.

For more than two weeks, we were worried about the future of the program.

It is clear to me that you can not change the Express program to use another server at Ptc.

Suggestion.

If the server is down, you can not request a manual license extension.

Could you also install the page for the manual product activation (72 hours code) on a Ptc server.

If the "normal" server is down you could go to this page manually (Not from express, just manual) and get a time license.

Then there would be no stress and everyone is happy.

Great THANKS that you care about the reactivation.

Kind regards

Friedhelm

Thank You Toby, for your kind initiative.

A lot of time and efforts of many of us is in your hands. Hope PTC will help restoring the server at the earliest.

With Best regards

Hari

Hi Toby, any news???

Maby, my Creo doesn´t work too....

Top Tags