cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

nmarriott
4-Participant

Creo elements will not start due to connection error and manual activation fails with a 404 not found error

Tried to start Creo this morning which failed. I have had this before and used manual activation, but when I try this today I get a 404 error (address is https://www.ptc.com/appserver/securePeModeling/peManualLic.jsp?lang=en&u=Niall etc)

How can I start Creo?

45 REPLIES 45

Yep, any Updates ??

Same Problem: Would be great to have a solution quick. Need to do some work urgent!  🙂

Good day all -

We are continuing to work the issue and I will supply updates as I have them.

Sorry for the delay and I appreciate the patience.

Best,

Toby

Good day,

Looks like this is fixed.

Please let me know if any issues remain.

Best,

Toby

nmarriott
4-Participant
(To:Tmetcalf)

Toby,

I can certainly get back onto the manual activation server. Thank you:)

However it is still not license checking automatically, is this still an issue?  Or is there a further step I need to take?

Regards

Niall

Hi Toby,

I just tried: I'm back in and everything seems to be going OK, Thanks a lot!!

Fred

since yesterday 11 April 2018 the problem "Creo elements will not start two to connection error and manual activation fails"
How can the activation problem be resolved?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Giorgio)

The most appropriate thing would be to call PTC Tech support. The community can't do much other than give advice.

Good day all,

I will provide updates here

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

I will lock this discussion to stop duplicate conversations.

Best,

Toby

RXIAOC
6-Contributor
(To:nmarriott)

Sorry guys, this morning I've try to connect but have the same issue as last year, Is the server down again or it's just me?

Got the same problem since a few hours!

Hope it get fixed real quick, because i have a important project running. And just 2 weeks remaining for my degree dissertation in university.

Any tricks to start working again?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RXIAOC)

@Jaime_Lee

In the past, Toby has helped Creo Elements Direct users with a PTC license server issue.

See this discussion https://community.ptc.com/t5/Additional-Creo-Questions/I-get-no-license-from-ptc-server-and-can-t-start-ptc-creo/m-p/163816

Seems like a problem on the PTC side has occured again.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I sent this thread to internal Creo teams for review.

Still not working for me . . . has been at least a week or more that an Activation Key pop-up has been happening.  free Elements user

Is there a forecast when a fix will be in place ?

Not working now either

HI,  I just started having this problem starting Friday  5/21/2021.    Same exact issue.  Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

Top Tags