cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Does anybody of you have real experiance with programming of multichannel NC mill/turn machines?

rlysy
5-Regular Member

Does anybody of you have real experiance with programming of multichannel NC mill/turn machines?

Customer has INDEX mill/turn NC machine with SINUMERIK 840D control system. This machine can have upto four turrets which could work independently. Movements of the individual turrets can be combined arbitrary. Each turret is programmed via separate NC program so called "channel". Inside of the control system, these channels can be synchronized via special programming elements called "waiting marks".

CREO 3.0 is able to prepare mfg models for such types of the machines. Unfortunately CL-data are generated into the one CL-file.

But I have no idea how to split postprocessor's output into upto four separate NC programmes-"channels".

A couplet years ago, I opened the case on it. But without any solution.

Does anybody of you have real positive experiance with this, in conjuction with CREO and G-POST?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I would contact AustinNC directly about this.

Austin N.C. | GPost and CAM Products & Services

Josh

rlysy
5-Regular Member
(To:joshuataylor)

Ok, I will try it.

Thank you for your idea.

Rostislav

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rlysy)

Post-process each segment that makes up the channels separately, then let the controller do its combining.

You should be able to select a range of manufacturing operations that you want to post-process instead of selecting them all.

If you can't select ranges of operations, then break the file into multiple files, one channel of operations per file.

I don't think this is a post-processor issue, but rather a Creo operation sequence issue.

rlysy
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Ok, it is not possible to do this way because of synchronization of movements of the heads-turrets. When I use your procedure, CL-data will not contain synchronization marks. The synchronization marks should be then inserted manually into the postprocessed NC programs. When you make any change in the Design model you have generate new CL-data and insert synchronization marks once more etc.

But CREO 3.0 offers new functionality Synchronize. Synchronization marks are generated automatically into a one CL data file. And this the source of the problem.

I need to extract toolpaths of each synchronized heads-turrets inclusive of synchronization marks, into separate CL files. One file for each head-turret. And then postprocess them.

That is all.

Maybe, there is another way but I do not know it.

Top Tags