cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

High RMS Stress error estimate

PaulHammerstrom
1-Newbie

High RMS Stress error estimate

I am running a multipass analysis set to converge within 5%. I am confused about what exactly the RMS stress error Estimates is tellling me. When I run my analysis I get what looks like a very large stress error.....

RMS Stress Error Estimates:

Load Set Stress Error % of Max Prin Str

---------------- ------------ -----------------

Load-Rear 5.06e+04 65.4% of 7.73e+04

Local Stress Error Estimates:

Load Set &nb sp; Stress Error

max over max over

model selected elements

---------------- ------------ -----------------

Load-Rear 111.4% 0.0%

Yet it also says this:

The analysis converged to within 5% on

edge displacement, element strain energy,

and global RMS stress.

Measure convergance is really tight except Von Mises which is slightly above 10%. What steps can I take to reduce the RMS Stress Error Estimate?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Use p-level quantity to determine areas with high level of polynome. Try to reduce max element size for these areas.

I found I got silly RMS error estimates (10^4%) when excluding elements from the convergence in WF5

Another method to find where in the model there are high stress error is to select "Local Stress Errors" on the Output tab of the Static Analysis Definition dialog, and then viewing "Element Stress Error Estimates" in Results.

This feature is available with the advanced license of Creo Simulate.

Just an FYI.... This was found to be a bug, and SPR 2076498 was filed.

Not me then. However, I can't find SPR 2076498 by sensible searches in the support site.

Top Tags