cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is there a way to connect part without viewset to drawing of part?

agracia
7-Bedrock

Is there a way to connect part without viewset to drawing of part?

We have a couple of users here who somehow lose associativity between drawings in annotator and parts in modeling but the viewsets are still in the model so I can re-associate them.  But somehow the users are saving parts that a drawing was made from but the viewset is not available...any ideas if it is possible to re-associate a drawing to a part without a viewset?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have had this issue before.  I actually duplicated the views in a new drawings, but did not save the new drawing.  This creates a new viewset identical to the one that was lost.  I then load the original drawing and attach the views to the new viewset.

Make sure that you are setup so that when a drawing is saved, it automatically saves the model.

I had this issue with one user on a regular basis.  I finally told him, that this is the last time I fix your drawing. If you lose your viewset again, you can just start the drawing over again.

He learned quickly to save everything.

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I have had this issue before.  I actually duplicated the views in a new drawings, but did not save the new drawing.  This creates a new viewset identical to the one that was lost.  I then load the original drawing and attach the views to the new viewset.

Make sure that you are setup so that when a drawing is saved, it automatically saves the model.

I had this issue with one user on a regular basis.  I finally told him, that this is the last time I fix your drawing. If you lose your viewset again, you can just start the drawing over again.

He learned quickly to save everything.

Regards

Tom

Okay, so I made a dummy drawing in order to create the exact views in order to duplicate the viewsets from the original drawing.  I saved the model and opened it with the drawing I wanted to attach it to.  When I tried to attach the viewsets, I just kept getting a message that said "There are no viewsets found," but I can clearly see the viewsets I made attached to the model.

Is there a different way you are duplicating the viewsets?

Thanks!

I am assuming that you are attempting to attach the views via the migration tool.  I believe the issue is that it cannot find any available viewsets.  Try detaching the views first so that the viewset is then open and available to use.

It has been a long time since I had to fix a drawing like this. So I forgot that step.  My apologies.

Regards

Tom

I did not have to detach it. I tried it again and it worked! I think I was using the wrong Attach command (under Annotation instead of Migration).

Thanks for your help!

wdesmet
3-Visitor
(To:agracia)

you could use the migration tools to reconnect views.

load following line in your user input line

(docu-enable-migration-tools)

an additional tab will appear in Annotation.

regards

Ward

Top Tags