cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Loft between circles to create a reducing elbow

agracia
7-Bedrock

Loft between circles to create a reducing elbow

Hello! I am trying to create a model of a reducing elbow (4 to 3). I have the straight ends of the elbow and I was hoping I could loft between the parts.  I followed the instructions per the PTC help, but when I try to create Matchlines, I get an error that says "The profile must be closed." So I can only assume that I am picking the wrong vertex? I cannot attach the pkg file I am working with, but I can send it to someone that thinks they can help. Can someone please help me? Maybe lofting is not the way to go, but it was the only method that I thought made sense! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lofting would be correct. Can you attach a picture of the workplanes or send the pkg file?  2D profiles on each workplane must be closed and have the same number of vertexes.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:agracia)

If I understood your issue correctly, this is what you wanted to do.

Attached is Creo4 file.blend.jpg

agracia
7-Bedrock
(To:BHOoi)

Yes, that is pretty much what I want to do.  Is that in parametric? what commands did you used? I am in E/DM, some of the modeling commands are similar. Below is what I am trying to make. It is an off the shelf part that I can't find a model of anywhere.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:agracia)

This board is specifically for Creo Parametric.

I will move this question to Creo Elements Direct board so you can get the right help.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Elements-Direct-Modeling/bd-p/creo_elementsdirect

thanks!

Lofting would be correct. Can you attach a picture of the workplanes or send the pkg file?  2D profiles on each workplane must be closed and have the same number of vertexes.

Here is a package file.

I have attached a modified pkg file.

You need to use the split 2D command on each circle to create a vertex on each circle on all workplanes. Also remove the real 2D line on each workplane.

You will need additional workplanes to control the loft in between the two end planes.

Okay, with your help I was able to kind of do what I wanted. I lofted 1 edge, but it wouldn't let me select both edges on part to part. I just did the outside edge to get the outer profile, then I did a sweep remove to shell the inside. This will work for now, I just wanted something closer to the real thing than what I had! Thanks so much for your help!

Top Tags