cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Manager Server install crash

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Manager Server install crash

While trying to install Manager Server 19.0 M050 on Windows Server 2012 R2 the installing is crashing near the end after it creates the Rapid Deployment Package and during the Installing Model Manager step.

In the application event viewer there is an Apache Service error that says...

"The Apache service named Creo Elements Direct Manager SoftwareDistributionServer reported the following error:
>>> [Fri Jun 15 12:51:01 2018] [warn] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : No installed ConfigArgs for the service "Creo Elements Direct Manager SoftwareDistributionServer", using Apache defaults. ."

How can I fix this?

I know this is an old version of Manager Server but I am trying to duplicate our production environment in a development environment so I can test upgrading to 20.1.

2 REPLIES 2
DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:DanAdler)

Additionally there is a second Application Error that starts with the following...
Faulting application name: config.exe, version: 19.0.5.31, time stamp: 0x4e1471b7
Faulting module name: wmdll.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57713755

The latter is the real reason for the Installation not to complete.
You can ignore the warnings/errors in the Apache logs.

They exist since a long time.

Workaround:

run mmbuild.bat to manually create the ModelManagerSetup.exe (=Model Manager Rapid Deployment Package).

Top Tags