cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Manager Save Process

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Model Manager Save Process

I am attempting to save an update to a large assembly in our Creo Elements/Direct Manager Server. During the save process the status bar has said "Applying Transaction" for over an hour now though the little hour glass continues to spin. I can see via Task Manager that both SolidDesigner.exe and ModelManager.exe are still running and using alot of memory however there is no CPU or network activity. Is this process stuck or is something still happening in the background? Is there somewhere on my local computer or on the server where I can find a log of whats happening? I don't mind waiting this out as long as I know that eventually it is going to finish.

1 REPLY 1

Dan

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I have experienced this before.  From my experience there were two different things that had happened.

One, I lost communication with the Model Manager server, but never received a message for that.  I killed Model Manager from the task manager, then I was able to restart Model Manager from Modeling and saved again.

The second issue I have seen before is Java takes up a large percentage of the processor.  It acts like it is stuck in a loop.  Killing Java from Task Manager fixed this issue.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
Top Tags