cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Modeling 19.0 hangs when loading part library object

DarkSide
4-Participant

Modeling 19.0 hangs when loading part library object

Hello all, whenever I want to load an item from Part library, creo elements direct modeling 19 hangs forever and i have to kill it with task manager. I can view the item, it hangs when i press middle mouse to complete the command. I can create screw connections, feather keys and gears with part library, the problem happens with the command with "load" icon. On google i found https://support.ptc.com/apps/solution_preview/solution/lang/presolution?lang=en&n=CS193389 which is exactly what happens to me, but i didn't found the solution. Is there a patch or a release? Thanks in advance 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarkSide
4-Participant
(To:DarkSide)

I fixed by adding SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE option in modeling's shortcut which disables nvidia gpu and uses cpu integrated one instead. Now the problem is that performance is awful and even a "rectangual selection" takes hours. Is there a way to temporary set that option and start using nvidia gpu after i create the part library object?
Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

The issue was the graphics card driver.  Do you have the latest driver?

Also in the future, place your posts here to make them easier to find.

creoelements.JPG

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Ok, ill post there next time. This is the first time i ask something here ^^
Anyway I have 390.65 nvidia driver
My gpu is nvidia 740m
I have windows 7 with direct x 11
I updated nvidia driver less than 1 month ago.

Did you have this problem before updating the driver?

If this continues, I would put a trouble ticket in with PTC.

I don't know, i started using part library recently, before i was using PM direct suite standard parts library. I can try to see if there is a new update or downgrade to an older version of nvidia driver
DarkSide
4-Participant

I downgraded from 390 to 387 driver and I still have that problem. Is there a known nvidia drivers version without that error. And how to post the bug? And assuming there's already been someone that posted it but wothout the solution, should i make another one?

To enter a case with PTC, 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/

At the bottom of the page click the "Open a Support Case" link.

regards

Tom

Since i work in a company and it requires customer's code i'll ask to the company where i work if they have it, thanks
DarkSide
4-Participant

I fixed by adding SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE option in modeling's shortcut which disables nvidia gpu and uses cpu integrated one instead. Now the problem is that performance is awful and even a "rectangual selection" takes hours. Is there a way to temporary set that option and start using nvidia gpu after i create the part library object?
Regards
DarkSide
4-Participant

I worked around that by creating another shortcut with SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE to use when i want to load a part library object, and the standard one which uses nvidia card.
I can close this. Thank you for the help you gave me 🙂
Top Tags