Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling Express license server

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 8

Modeling Express license server

Hello,

I cannot find recent reports about Modeling Express license check, but here (Bergamo, Italy) the license server is unreachable since two days ago.

I already asked a PTC contact, but am still waiting for response.

As a suggestion to PTC, I say that if I had a dream about this subject, it would be that all of these limitations, that make hardly comprehensible how other competitors can release slightly restricted free software, are finally removed.

Thank you and have a nice Modeling.

Marco

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Modeling Express license server

It is reported that the request and use of a temporary key is working fine this time. Try to access with your user name and password, bypass the request of the proxy address, click to request the activation key and access.

It seems that the leading thread for this problem is https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/I-get-no-license-from-ptc-server-and-can-t-start-..., for future reference.

Marco

4 REPLIES 4

With the issues with the Express license servers, it makes me wonder how reliable the subscription licenses are.  That is the model PTC is pushing out, Will we have the same issue with those?

Regards

tom

Hello Tom,

even if I can hardly suffer some PTC behaviors, I would expect that a contractual commitment at a global and professional level will not suffer of such issues.

Fortunately at present we only have the good old and, in my mind, more honest perpetual licenses.

The availabililty of Express being discontinuous and PTC silence about it are one of their irritating conducts; I am leading to an end a Modeling course for my colleagues and used Express as a training tool, while other people use it to view .MI documents; and now?

At least I find myself in good company...

The previous PTC contact seems to be offline since a long time; I found another Community manager and mailed a message: I'm having another conversation with bung1, another user: as soon as I get answers, I'll advise.

Marco

No news yet from the administrator.

I sent a new message this morning.

Marco

It is reported that the request and use of a temporary key is working fine this time. Try to access with your user name and password, bypass the request of the proxy address, click to request the activation key and access.

It seems that the leading thread for this problem is https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/I-get-no-license-from-ptc-server-and-can-t-start-..., for future reference.

Marco