cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Modeling Express license server

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Modeling Express license server

Hello,

I cannot find recent reports about Modeling Express license check, but here (Bergamo, Italy) the license server is unreachable since two days ago.

I already asked a PTC contact, but am still waiting for response.

As a suggestion to PTC, I say that if I had a dream about this subject, it would be that all of these limitations, that make hardly comprehensible how other competitors can release slightly restricted free software, are finally removed.

Thank you and have a nice Modeling.

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:mcielok)

It is reported that the request and use of a temporary key is working fine this time. Try to access with your user name and password, bypass the request of the proxy address, click to request the activation key and access.

It seems that the leading thread for this problem is https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/I-get-no-license-from-ptc-server-and-can-t-start-ptc-creo/m-p/552345#M19852, for future reference.

Marco

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

With the issues with the Express license servers, it makes me wonder how reliable the subscription licenses are.  That is the model PTC is pushing out, Will we have the same issue with those?

Regards

tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:ThomasKirkman)

Hello Tom,

even if I can hardly suffer some PTC behaviors, I would expect that a contractual commitment at a global and professional level will not suffer of such issues.

Fortunately at present we only have the good old and, in my mind, more honest perpetual licenses.

The availabililty of Express being discontinuous and PTC silence about it are one of their irritating conducts; I am leading to an end a Modeling course for my colleagues and used Express as a training tool, while other people use it to view .MI documents; and now?

At least I find myself in good company...

The previous PTC contact seems to be offline since a long time; I found another Community manager and mailed a message: I'm having another conversation with bung1, another user: as soon as I get answers, I'll advise.

Marco

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

No news yet from the administrator.

I sent a new message this morning.

Marco

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

It is reported that the request and use of a temporary key is working fine this time. Try to access with your user name and password, bypass the request of the proxy address, click to request the activation key and access.

It seems that the leading thread for this problem is https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/I-get-no-license-from-ptc-server-and-can-t-start-ptc-creo/m-p/552345#M19852, for future reference.

Marco

FH_3309465
4-Participant

Hi,

Since today I'm experiencing problems to get an activation key, is the server down again?

Greetz, Fred

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:FH_3309465)

Hi Fred,

it seems that something has changed in the management of the license of Modeling Express, even if I cannot be sure, since emailed the webmaster on monday and yet got no answer.

We cannot start ME at office (multiple installation with a single account seemed to condition the license to be refreshed every 72nd hour), since the page for the request of the license key is not reachable.

I tried at home, with my account that did not request the renewal of the key, with the same negative result.

The link for the request leads to a page quoting:

<< Tue Jan 19 09:35:55 EST 2021

An error has occurred

Please save the source of this page (File:Save As...) and email to webmaster@ptc.com

Thank you for your help in resolving this matter.

PTC Webmasters >>

But no answer up till now.

Meanwhile I found that the setup file available for download (https://www.ptc.com/en/products/creo/elements-direct/modeling-express) is now version 80.0.24.0 (mine was 60.0.392.0): this make me hope that the new release could manage licenses in an alternative way; yet I have not tried.

If you do, please let me know.

Regards

Marco

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Fred,

just installed version 80 with a new account, but with the same result.

This could be a temporary down of the service (that is what I hope).

Should you find answers to the matter, please let know.

Thank you

Marco

FH_3309465
4-Participant

Hi Marco,

I have exactly the same errorpage, and also downloaded the version 8 in the hope it would work but the same result.

I saw your name in similar threads in 2018, so looks like you got some experience 😞

hopefully they bring the server up and running quickly

Fred

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Good morning Fred,

the service is up and running!

Let's make good jobs😅.

Have a nice day.

Marco

FH_3309465
4-Participant

Ciao Marco,

Thanx for the heads up, it is also working for me.

Although I'm only using ME privately I'm very happy it works again, I'm in the midst of rebuilding my garage and all drawings were not accessible anymore.

Buona giornata e facciamo bellissimi disegni 3D

Fred

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Buongiorno Fred,

I entered the world of 3D (and our company with me) in 2010 with Modeling PE. Now we have a couple of licenses of Direct Modeling, but the Express is still very useful for studies and even for viewing and managing native 2D .mi outputs. Furthermore I used it as a tool for a 3D Modeling course for my colleagues.

And, last but not least, I designed many pieces of furniture for my home😁, some still at project stage...

The way PTC offers Express as a working tool for small professions makes me think they could not stop supporting it, but when the system hangs... well, one never knows😳.

Ciao

Marco

Top Tags