cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Modeling WGM freeze/hangups?

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst

Modeling WGM freeze/hangups?

Hello CED users,

Anyone encountering (sporadic) hangups/freezes of CED Modeling in conjunction with Windchill WGM?
If yes, the following information is highly appreciated:
- Modeling version

- WGM version

- OS (Windows 7, 10 etc)

- HW (Computer Model, RAM, Graphics Card, Driver etc)

Thanks,

Max

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Max,

Yes!  CED v19 M070 x64, WGM 11.0 M020-CPS10, Windows 10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T5810, 64 Gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4200.  You want the video driver version?

I had a dickens of a time upgrading to the latest Windows.  Turns out PTC Windchill File System left over from an earlier installation was preventing it.  Once I got rid of that, updates succeeded and I am now at the latest build 1709.  I have had sporadic problems with the WGM on every version and combination I have tried, but usually it gets ironed out.  This time it seems not to matter what I do, occasionally it freezes when I click something.  The WGM GUI continues to work (window reposition, menus, server/application registration, etc.), but the content pane (browser) is frozen for several minutes.  Then it just comes back with no message about it.  I am using the Chromium browser.  I was just about to enable logging to see if there is a clue there.  If I find anything, I will post back here.

-- James

I could not find any clear indication of the problem in the logs.  But some of the log files definitely freeze up while it is frozen while others continue growing.  I think the GUI actions are separate and are responsible for the continued activity.  It seems to be VERY consistently happening for me now.  So if you want me to:  1) start a session, 2) mess around until it freezes noting the time stamp, 3) continue messing around until it unfreezes, I can then pack up the logs and send them to you for analysis.

I also tried created exceptions in Windows Defender to see if that had any bearing (nope).  And also switched to the IE browser to see if that helped (nope).

-- James

Top Tags