cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Need help converting file from .pkg to .step

HarshalShah
3-Visitor

Need help converting file from .pkg to .step

Hello everyone,

I have done a big project in my university using PTC CREO ELEMENTS/DIRECT MODELING (version 19 or 20, don't remember exactly) and I saved the file in .pkg format. Now, my university does no longer have the license and the software, so I can not access the file. For my job search, this project is really important and I need to take the snapshots of the design to have it in my portfolio. Can someone with the license of this software please convert this file to .step format and send it to me so that I can open the file on my system and take snapshots of the design?

I really appreciate your help and this means a lot to me!

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

it's done. I uploaded the files.

Have a look and tel me if it works fine 😉

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi,

Can you also help me also , how to do that I have CREO 3.0

CREO can directly load PKG Files from SolidDesigner.

However you may need a newer Version (CREO 4, CREO 5 ...)

Hello Friedhelm,

I have the same problem.

I have a PKG drawing of a house that I was working on.

But the license of my cocreate modeling 17.0 has expiered.

Now I installed a free version Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 8.0 (English)

I see that i can open Step files but no PKG file.

Is it possible that you also convert my file to a step file please?

Kind regards

Thibault

hello Thibault

Why not.

tried to send a private message to you but it seems that you have deactivated this function.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

It’s ok.

I found a solution with aan ex colleague.

thanks anyway 

Top Tags