Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Lofting

Problem Lofting

I am following the webinar instructions to create a loft. I have added three 3d forms each with four vertices on parallel workplanes. When I select Create ML from the loft tools I expected to be able to click on a vertex in each workplane to make my matchline and worplane set but I am only permitted to make a selection box and then get and error that ""selection has failed. please re-select. error 301"". Can someone give me some guidance on this. Picture is attached.

3 REPLIES 3

RE: Problem Lofting

Perhaps it would be better to attach a package-file. The picture looks a little bit different to your description. Could it be that the polygon in the workplane w3 is a 3D-curve and the lines between w1 and w2, w2 and w3 are also a 3D-curve? Regards WoHo

Re: Problem Lofting

Original Package file attached. Yes the polygons are 3D curves. The line is a also a 3D line. I put that in to see if it helped. When I select Create ML it only allows me to create a selection box, not to click individual vertices. Your comment suggests that I should be using 2D geometry only and in fact I have now managed to get it to work using 2D geometry in the three workplanes. Thanks

Re: Problem Lofting

With 2D geometry in the workplanes it works fine. Regards WoHo