cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem from PTC Help Center

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

Problem from PTC Help Center

Hello,

I tried to perform an analysis of a problem from the PTC Help Center.

I get the same exact numbers of elements and equations. However, the result is QUITE DIFFERENT.

I checked all variables (units, measures...) and I cannot see my mistake. The image shows you the problem, the attached file is my analysis.

Can you help me to figure it out?

Thank you.

Untitled.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have followed the input data as written and i get the exact same results as stated in the table, respectively 7200 & 2970, so my guess is that somewhere you must have missed the units (Dimension, Material Properties, Loads or Constraint). FYI my model is made with 1 element and both (Simple & Clamped) solved at P=4. Also you have to model the curve in XY-plane, with the Y-axis as the symmetry axis. But based on your deflection i believe this is done alrerady. I can't open your file since i am on Creo 2.

Simple.png

Clamped.png

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

I have followed the input data as written and i get the exact same results as stated in the table, respectively 7200 & 2970, so my guess is that somewhere you must have missed the units (Dimension, Material Properties, Loads or Constraint). FYI my model is made with 1 element and both (Simple & Clamped) solved at P=4. Also you have to model the curve in XY-plane, with the Y-axis as the symmetry axis. But based on your deflection i believe this is done alrerady. I can't open your file since i am on Creo 2.

Simple.png

Clamped.png

Regards

My mistake. I forgot the Force Per Unit Area Distribution!

Top Tags