cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Problems with construction lines

ptc-2834811
1-Newbie

Problems with construction lines

hello, I hope that somebody can help me, i have a Modeling PE 2.0 in my laptop is Windows vista home edition, and i cant see a construction lines on workplane, i already try to turn on/off cinstruction line visibility but still no working. thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Jucius I'm not sure but your problem is Home Premium. PE 2.0 or other version dosen't runninng on Home Premium,but need the up-grade to Businnes or ultimate. Regards

Sounds like a graphics issue. Make sure your graphics card fully supports OpenGL. That is one of the system requirements listed on the download page. If your computer has Intel graphics, this is probably your problem. They do not support OpenGL. You can search this forum and find many similar problems caused by Intel graphics. One other thing you can try. Set the following system variable. SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE (Google "setting environmental variables" if you do not know how to do this) This will bypass your graphics card driver software when you run Modeling PE. Or, you can disable hardware acceleration in your graphics settings.

I have tried and what you have said, but unfortunately still does not work my graphic card is ATI radeon, it supports OpenGL. Thanks

Try this. Exit Modeling Personal Edition. Browse to your Modeling PE user customzation area. (In XP this is C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\Application Data\CoCreate) (In Vista, this is C:\Users\<your login name>\AppData\Roaming\CoCreate) Rename the Modeling PE directory to something like Modeling PE_orig. Restart Modeling PE, and add some construction lines to the default Workplane. Can you see the construction lines now?

thanks for the help, but unfortunately still does not work
Top Tags