cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Project Cross-Section Construction Lines. Where did it go?

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Project Cross-Section Construction Lines. Where did it go?

There is no longer a command in 18.1 to project cross-section construction lines to a workplane. The only option is to project cross-section geometry to a workplane. Am I missing something or is it really gone?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Daniel,

in v17 or earlier you had the choice between geometry or construction lines and then make the cross-section.

In 18.1 i didn't yet find a button to make the choice.

The commands to switch are

GEOMETRY_MODE :REAL

GEOMETRY_MODE :CONSTRUCTION

If you push the button cross-section followed by GEOMETRY_MODE :CONSTRUCTION in the command line ENTER

the cross-section will be made of construction lines on the workplane.

If you need this often, you can create a button.

The exemple create the cross-section made of construction lines from the preselected part.cross-section.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thank you. That is a good work around. I will submit an enhancement request to get this command back by default.

Hi Daniel,

i had a look for other commands.

If you draw a rectangle or a circle you can make a right klick and this opens an command dependent menu where you can make the choice between geometry or construction lines.

So i created two new buttons one with

GEOMETRY_MODE :REAL the other with

GEOMETRY_MODE :CONSTRUCTION.

Those buttons i placed in the right klick window menu.

Now i have the same behavior for all commands.

Command, right klick in the window, make choice and execution.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags