cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Refill a shell

Rusty007
7-Bedrock

Refill a shell

Hi.
I shelled a curved part and built various internal surfaces. I need to unshell it now so it becomes a whole solid part again. Is there some way of doing this?

I can still specify the original Open face.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Can you send me a pkg file that I can look at?  I have some ideas, but I need to see the model to make sure they will work.

Thanks

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hi Tom

I managed to figure out. I encased the whole part in a new block part but not as far as the open face. Then used the Boolean to subtract the shell from the block. That gave me a mould on the inside which I united with the shell.

Given the top of the new block was flat, I was able to pull that upwards to fully fill the shell.

Have checked for errors and seems to be perfect.

How were you planning on doing out of interest?

Thanks for the offer of assistance!

I was going to try hover over the inner face of the shell and clicking tab until all of the appropriate surfaces were highlighted.   Then I was going to cut those faces to leave the part as a solid.

I am not sure if this would have worked, but it is worth trying to see.

Tom

I did try that. I successfully made a shell by selecting the internally surfaces, but I am using Direct/Elements and there isn't a function to convert to solid in that version.

Never mind... good to explore different ways!

Thanks..

I made an assumption I shouldn't have.  I assumed you shelled with a specified wall thickness, not to a surface part.

I do actually convert from surface parts to solid parts by just filling the empty surface.  If you do not mind sharing the shelled part, I would like to look at it.

Regards

Tom

Top Tags