cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Save model in STEP

VincentArends
2-Guest

Save model in STEP

I have a model in Creo Direct express and need this to be saved as a Step file. I already contacted PTC to upgrade but I expect that the COVID has closed down communication. I want to upgrade to Creo 7 but don't get any reaction/ response from PTC. 

Can anybody help me out in the meantime? I am in urgent need to get my Bundle in a Step file. 

It would be highly appreciated. You can send me a message or an email so that I can share the model.

My mail is info@absolar-africa.com Greetings Vincent. 

4 REPLIES 4

You can find PTC's software reseller in your local region here: https://www.ptc.com/en/partners/find-your-partner

I have the Parametrics trial version now but that doesn't accept *.BD2 models. Modelling 19 I have no idea how to get. Even PTC cant answer directly and I need this urgently. 

If you have the modeling version 19 then probably you can help me out. I will swap to parametrics but I need this model in Step file. I would be very grateful to share this model in BD2 and get it back in Step. 

Behnam
6-Contributor
(To:VincentArends)

As far as I am aware your files are forever locked in BD2 format and can only be opened in the free version of Modeling. And no, not even the full version will be able to import it.

If you want to work with your assembly in any other program your only option is redoing everything from scratch. 

Parametric can import .stl files.  Express can export .stl files.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
Top Tags