Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Interrsecting loops

Self Interrsecting loops

When I project the geometry from an existing part onto a new workplane and then try to extrude a new part I get this error message "" 'Self intersecting loop is not allowed. (Error 290)' using resolution 1E-006"". When I zoom in on the geometry at the indicated error point I can find no conflict. Even if I erase the elements of geometry in the area of the conflict and redraw them, I still get the same message when I try to extrude. Any solution please. Thanks, John.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Self Interrsecting loops

You get a self intersecting loop when your profile is not closed correctly. The vertex of on of your entities does not connect with the vertex of another. Your two entities overlap.

Thank you Mike: I understand what you are saying and I have checked the vertex intersections microscopically, zooming in to the maximium level of magnification possible (down to less than one thousandth of a mm) and I have also tried to reconstruct the geometry at these points. Nothing works. There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Thanks for your input, John.
Highlighted

Perhaps it is possible to store the workplane and send the file to the forum. Regards WoHo