I still haven't resolved the problem. Yes, I am in WF2. I narrowed it
down to the intersection of two features. It'll mesh with either one
suppressed, but not with both active. Nothing weird about their
intersection, and the shade in the AutoGem mesh mode doesn't coincide
with these two features, which is weird. So I'm taking all the advice
into account, but I cannot go independent mode. I'm just not
experienced with indep mode.
There are Geom checks, but its been working with those. I haven't had
much success on this model with adjusting the aspect ratio and other
mesh settings, but I only gave it a couple of tries.
I'll get there...Thanks for all the responses!
I've been running various design iterations on a model, basically adding
a simple rib here and there. Everything has gone well for the last
half-dozen modifications until last night. The latest one goes into the
AutoGem sequence and loops at the "Creating Solid Elements". Attached
is from the .stt after msengine crashed last night...As you can see the
% complete goes up and down as it iterates as well as the # of elements.
There are C1 discon's and edge angles < 0, but I checked and all the
other models had the same issues.
Searching for existing solid elements inside the volume ...
Found 0 existing solid element(s) inside the volume.
Pre-processing boundary features ...
Optimizing boundary point locations ...
Detecting thin features on the volume ...
Pre-processing volume features ...
Creating solid elements ...
99.4% complete after 2.0 min (27063 elements).
96.9% complete after 4.0 min (14113 elements).
95.9% complete after 6.0 min (15428 elements).
94.5% complete after 52.0 min (16739 elements).
95.3% complete after 54.0 min (17578 elements).