cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thanks PTC for keeping me busy

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

Thanks PTC for keeping me busy

Hi All!

This is just to add to the conversations that I have seen here about a mess in the product naming from PTC:

I got a request to have "proe" installed in one of the areas - we are on CreoPro 2.0, so, I went to that area and installed the current version. Than, I got e-mail from the user, saying that the vendor is not on CreoPro 2.0, but on the CreoPro 1.0 ( in reality, he was told that the vendor company is on the "first" version of creo). So, I said: No problem. Downloaded CreoPro1.0 and went and installed it in that area. Than, I got another e-mail from the user, saying that the vendor ment to say that they are on Wildfire 5.0 m130. I went to PTC download site and the "Most recent datecode" of Wildfire 5.0 is m060, but Creo/Elements Pro 5.0 has m130, which I have downloaded and am going to install it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I guessed what user has requested.

I understand, that it is partially "broken phone" between my users, vendor and me. But all of that is PTC's creation.

Thank you PTC!

D

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Dmi3U)

This has also caused us huge heartburn - Creo Elements / Parametric et al, vs. Creo View.
Wish PTC had left the name as Pro/Engineer.
Top Tags