cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Wildfire 4 cursor problem. Please help

IainDover
1-Newbie

Wildfire 4 cursor problem. Please help

Hi there, I have been using Wildfire 4 as part of my degree in automotive engineering and on the university campus i can maake just about anything i want, however, having recently acquired wildfire 4 to use at home after installation and setup i have found that the actuel selector in the workplane is out of alignment with my mouse cursor. Not only is this very irritating but it also makes it impossible to select certain entities and lines as you cant see where WF4 thinks i am trying to select. I can only see where it thinks the cursor is when i am in sketch mode and the second cursor appears. How do i realign the cursor to select where i am telling it to?

many thanks

Iain

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Iain,

try to add the following option at the end of your config.pro file.

graphics win32_gdi

This option turns off OPENGL drivers.

Martin

Martin Hanák

Martin,

many thanks for the quick reply. i have gone into the program files of WF4 and have found a file titled config_files, is this the correct file? and where exactly and how do i add what you said?

very sorry i am a novice at WF4 being on my own PC, always used it fully set up.

Iain

config.pro is a textfile usually located in the \loadpoint\text folder.

If it doesnt exist, use the windows editor and create one.

Reinhard

Iain,

follow Reinhard's advice and create file named config.pro in PROE\text directory using Notepad.

Put the following line into it:

graphics win32_gdi

Martin

Martin Hanák
Top Tags