cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

basic problems

WolfgangHlawats
1-Newbie

basic problems

Getting involved with Creo Elements Personal Edition I encountered different problems. First of all, I am used to input my designs with SolidWorks though, I don't like it so much.

First of all, I viewed the webcasts for introduction. Then I tried to do the same design using Creo Elements. In the attachment you see the SolidWorks result.

1. I drawed a 5-corner plane. How do I tell the software to do the end of the last line to the beginning of the first one? How do I set the relations of lines (vertical, horizontal, length)?

2. Finally I did not find out, I placed a rectangle, and etruded it to 5mm. Then I placed a chamfer to the bottom right corner. Then I modified the chamfer. Pressing the space bar to alter the way of changing did not work! (shown in webinar)

3. tried to place the holes. They should be positioned on a bisecting line. I could not place a line like this. Also, how do I place circles, centered on this bisecting line?

Thank you for helping.

Wolfgnag

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

1a. Close-function is not possible with "co-pilot geometrie". Only with "classic geometrie" and polyline: then mouse-rightclick and close.

1b. Relations are not there. In "co-pilot geometrie" you get some invisible catch-points.

2. During modifiing a chamfer there is no spacebar-function. Only during creating one.

3. Is not clear for me to understand.

Perhaps you can ask this again in the german section of this forum: http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo-elements-direct/pe-german ?

Best wishes !

Matthias

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender
Top Tags