Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screw 3d buliding

screw 3d buliding

Hi all, i am relativ new in cocreate. I will build a bore hole with inside screw but everytime it will not work. here my workflow for a simple test for a normal screw. For a bore it is the same - start a new file - draw a 2d circle - extrude the circle - use the freeform/zylspiral tool - see the screwparameter file - look into the preview it looks fine - press OK - look into the result file - you never can see the screw All what you can see are two circle the Top and The Bottom I need your help very urgend i test and look into the web forum many times. Best Regards Michael
13 REPLIES 13

RE: screw 3d buliding

I guess I don't really understand what you want to accomplish and how you proceeded. Some questions: <ul> <li>In the screenshot, it looks like you tried to add a helix (rather than remove it from existing material), correct? <li>Which axis did you choose for the helix? <li>How large was the extruded cylinder? </ul> Claus

anonymous wrote:

clausb - 2008-03-25 10:44 PM I guess I don't really understand what you want to accomplish and how you proceeded. Some questions: <ul> <li>In the screenshot, it looks like you tried to add a helix (rather than remove it from existing material), correct? no i use funktion add to material <li>Which axis did you choose for the helix? I think here is the mistake of my workflow. i use in frontview the x axis. i have check this with the Z axis and it works. Many thanks for your Help Now i have the Problem with the bore you have a Idea ? <li>How large was the extruded cylinder? it smaller than the screw </ul> Claus

Re: screw 3d buliding

While learning to make threads in a screw is a great learning experience, in most cases is it a big waste of time and computer resources. In any case......If you want to make a thread, start by making building the cylinder for your screw to the body size of the thread. (IE: for a M6X1 thread, start with a 6mm cylinder) Then, you need to remove material from the body, not add to it. You will define the outline of a cross section of a single thread on a workplane in the proper location. (For a simple thread, it will look like a triangle) Be sure the triangle extends slightly beyond the boundary of the part. When it comes to selecting the axis for your helix, select the body of the screw, or create a construction line on the center of the cylinder while you are creating the tool you will be using to cut the thread. That way, it doesn't matter which way your screw is oriented.

Re: screw 3d buliding

Hi Mike, thanks for your help. i will test your Tip. I hope i can follow this small Workflow. If you have a little example pics/pk2 File it was very nice. Thanks Michael

Here are some screenshots for you.

Oh Mike, many thanks for your work and help. Now i can see relax in to the future of my screws. I give you tomorow my feedback. BR Michael

Hi Mike, here my first result. It works good. My problem today is to find the middle of Axis and positioning the little triangle (Help Point). You can See the Result in the Pic. He is a little bit to much on left Side. Do you know a automatic function to correct this or is it only possible to do this manual ?? Many thanks Michael

The workplane of the triangle has to be in the axis. An easy way to create a workplane in the center of a circular edge is to use Workplane by PtDir. The referencepoint for the workplane is the center of the circle, (use CTRL Shift select the edge), and the direction may be X, Y, Z or a direction from an existing workplane or facenormal to an existing part, ... If you have to select the axis it is possible to select the cylindrical face instead of a construction line. Regards WoHo

Hi all, now i have place absolute middle (see pic 1) the result is a little bit confused. i know that the mistake is on my side but where ? my workflow for the screw is: - draw circle -- extrude him - define the vertical axis with a AE like WOHO - use the Helix Tool Is the material on the screw wrong ?. If i need full mat ? In the Attach my 2 pic and the pk2 File I hope you will help me another. Best Regards Michael