cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

visual studio and modeling

rvanveerdeghem
9-Granite

visual studio and modeling

Hi,

Does somebody know how to connect visual studio 2013/2015 with Creo elements direct modeling 18.1? DDE doesn't exist anymore in visual studio. Somebody has an idea and/or example to do this?

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

What do you have in mind?

With Visual Studio you are typically develing C++ or .NET to "extend" CED Modeling

Another usage of Visual Studio is to compile LISP sources into DLLs to be loaded into CED Modeling

What do you want to achieve with DDE?

I guess you want to "talk" to CED Modeling?

I want to use visual studio to make some kind of menu that talks trough DDE with modeling. But the new visual studio software doesn't use DDE anymore, so maybe there is another way to solve this problem?

DDE has been deprecated by Microsoft many years ago, therefore it is no longer available in Visual Studio.

Do you want to talk to Modeling from "outside" (=from a application which is not Modeling itself)?

I indeed want to talk to Modeling from an outside application. So I want to make a visual menu with buttons in visual studio and those buttons "do something" in Modeling.

Well, that sounds like something bigger.

There are definitely possibilities to "talk to Modeling" from outside, but this is more than just writing a small dialog.

Since you are located in Belgium, I recommend you get in touch with SAVACO to receive some Consulting or Training.

After selecting the appropriate "communication method" you may be able to do the rest of your U/I on your own.

Top Tags