cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Export from Creo Parametric to use as VECTOR artwork in Adobe Illustrator (.ai)

Highlighted
Level 1

Add Export from Creo Parametric to use as VECTOR artwork in Adobe Illustrator (.ai)

I hope that Creo Parametric will have a direct export (in ALL modes; ie: PART, ASSEMBLY & DRAWING) soon that would enable it to produce precise and easily editable VECTOR artwork for use in Adobe Illustrator (hereafter referred to as AI).

Currently, to get an output from Creo to where it is useable in AI requires many steps. First, 3D parts/assemblies have to be modelled, even for 2D artwork. Then associated non-shaded DRAWINGS for the parts/assemblies have to be made and individual feature surfaces manually FILLED (Layout>Hatch/Fill) to get a proper VECTOR output (through DWG export) with a semblance of shading; shaded views get exported as raster graphics only.

Exporting 3D views directly results into everything turned into a mess of tiny straight line segments in place of splines and tessellated lines instead of shaded surfaces.

Shaded/Rendered views (eg: from screen views in part/assembly mode and views in drawing mode) should have the option to be exported as a filled vector artwork, ideally fully rendered. At the very least, direct exports from part/assembly modes should be imported into AI as "join-able" vector line art as displayed in hidden/no hidden mode in Creo.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Add Export from Creo Parametric to use as VECTOR artwork in Adobe Illustrator (.ai)

I submitted a related (and more concise) idea under the heading:

>>

Add option in PDF export to convert shaded graphics to shaded VECTOR graphic objects, NOT only raster pics

<<

Please vote for it too if you like it. Thanks.

Re: Add Export from Creo Parametric to use as VECTOR artwork in Adobe Illustrator (.ai)

Rewrote the post: made it shorter and updated it with the work around I came up with.