Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow spaces in filenames

Highlighted

Allow spaces in filenames

Allow spaces in filenames.  Yeah, it's simple.  Make PTC software save files like every other software on the planet.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Allow spaces in filenames

Any problem with me removing the View tag on this? Creo View does not have an issue with spaces that I know of.

Of course yes.  But that would make it un-PTC.

Allowing periods would be nice too

Not only in the names but also in folders.  It seems fickle if you try to save stuff offline or use an off line WS with spaces in it.  For Example, "My Documents" would not work.  I have not yet tried this in Creo though so perhaps this is fixed...?

we no longer are on Unix let's go with modern file names

*** PLANNED FOR CREO 4.0 ***

There's no better news I can give on this one... spaces and special characters in feature names and filenames is planned for Creo 4.0

Please make sure the Windchill team knows about this and plans to support it as well.  Won't do much good if Creo supports it but Windchill doesn't.

what about capitol, my company wants everything in caps so my cap-lock is on, and I can't find a file because it (CREO) changes the file from what I typed.

As a related question, when opening a file or folder in Creo it sorts the files and folders in such a way that if it distinguishes between upper and lower case letters.  So Part1 would NOT be next to part1. It took me a LONG time (I will spare embarrassment by not defining LONG) to realize & Remember the reason I cannot find a file or folder...all because the sort order is ridiculously non-intuitive for users of modern operating systems.

Does any of the new versions fix this issue?  Are their any work around to this?