cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Animation Size

LIZA
1-Newbie

Animation Size

Hi,

I am creating an animation. It is coming along, however, I noticed the file size is very large-- 50 MB. Is it because my models are high poly?

If so is there a way to reduce the file size. If its a model issue, would combing parts into one object be helpful in reducing the size?

Any other possiblites, suggestion?

Thank you!

Liza

4 REPLIES 4

Liza,

You are correct that it is the model geometry that is making the file large. The animation content is more a script explaining what parts should move where and will only add a couple of kb to the size.

There are 2 basic best practices for this:

1. Reduce the number of parts in the published file. To do this there is an option in the publish setting to "Include referenced parts only" to publish only parts selected in the sBOM. So parts not used in at least one figure will be left out of your published file.

2. Using a recipe file. A recipe file can be setup to reduce the information and level of detail about each part. In most models there is information that the Engineers need or use that has no use for illustrations. Also by using a recipe file you can reduce the level of detail in the model when you publish. So you can work on the high quality when making the image but then reduce it for general use.

You can also have multiple recipe files set to different specs or requirements. So you can choose the right one for the model you are working with.

I would recommend contacting your PTC sales team so they can help get you the right resources in creating some recipe files. Recipe files can have a lot of options, so it helps to have a guide.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Jeff

ptc-4518330
4-Participant
(To:LIZA)

Hi Liza,

What file format are you brining into Creo Illustrate? A PVZ file will greatly reduce your original model size.

I've even had some luck opening a PVZ in Creo illustrate saving as a C3DI file, openeing the C3DI file, publishing out to PVZ and reopening the 2nd PVZ. This method of multiple exports to PVZ doesn't always work, but on occasion, I've been able to reduce the file size by as much as 1/3rd. I've also noted that after 3 exports to PVZ, the file can no longer be reduced.

My guess is that each export strips out some extraneous info but leaves all of the geometry intact.

Good luck!

- Randall

LIZA
1-Newbie
(To:LIZA)

hey thank you! i will look into this further and try what you both suggested. Btw does anyonw know how to combine for same item for one callout in creo?

I am assuming you want to take callouts 2 and 3 and make them a single callout 2, 3.

Just select both callouts using CTRL to add each additional callout you want combined. You should see a new tab at the top of the ribbon that says "Annotations". Go to this tab and you will see an option to combine. It has a little green + next to it. This will give you a single callout with each number you selected combined into one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Tags