cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Anyone here convert from Pro/E (Parametric) to .PVZ file? PTC removed PVZ

Chi-WeiHo
1-Newbie

Anyone here convert from Pro/E (Parametric) to .PVZ file? PTC removed PVZ

WHY PTC? Why!??

I use Isodraw for illustration, and Isodraw 7.1/7.3 does not open*.ASM files. nor Parametric exports PVZ files.

WHY PTC? Why!??

thanks for the heads up PTC.

4-24-2013+8-45-15+AM.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

FYI - IsoDraw is sold in two configurations:

- IsoDraw Foundation (for 2D drawing) with the option of adding

- IsoDraw CADprocess (3D Extension) which supports the import of 3D CAD data

Perhaps when you purchased the application, you were unaware of the differences. You may want to have your manager contact your sales rep to upgrade your license.

With kind regards,

Rick

um, it's Creo 2.0, they stripped all the functions.

my Isodraw is the same.

We just switched (on Monday actually) from IsoDraw 7.1 which we used with asm files to 7.3, f00 and are again using asm files.

Can you attach a screen shot of the following window? Open IsoDraw, go to Help > About IsoDraw... (last option in menu).

Just to add that IsoDraw 7.1 will not open the latest files from Creo. You have to update in unison (we didn't and spent a number of months having to use Creo to export compatible files).

My suggestion is that you contact PTC support to ensure that your software is installed correctly.

Creo 2.0 supports the import of both PVZ and ASM and PRT files using File > Import. IsoDraw uses File > Open> but you must specify the correct File of Type as All files, ASM or PVZ but you must have a copy of IsoDraw that supports 3D extension (3D CAD data).

Best of luck!

In Creo 2.0 go to "Save As", "Save a Copy".

Temp1.jpg

Top Tags