cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Callout Questions

ptc-4708772
3-Visitor

Callout Questions

We have CAD parts that contain the item's BOM callout number in their metadata. What is the most convenient way to assign the callouts for one level of a BOM to the item number table to create callouts?

Is there any way to edit a callout besides manually making edits to the table?

Is there a way to put the callouts and their positions in order in the table if you manually assign callouts that are not sequential or have multiples? example: 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 6, 9, 10 as positions 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 without entering them in that exact order.

What is the best way to identify a specific part twice, such as identifying the part in a figure, and then also in an inset, or identifying both ends of a hose / conduit / tie rod in a complex or confusing view?

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4708772)

The BOM callouts are created on the fly by the software in the BOM repeat region. Since this callout is unique to this assembly and BOM sort order, there is no way to 'capture' the callout for another use.

Multiple occurrences of the same item should all have the same callout and then a quantity filed to indicate the count.

To put the same callout on the part in 2 locations, assign a reference balloon to the subsequent callouts.

If this does not help, please explain what you want in more detail or with pictures so we can see your multiple callouts.

Multiples are fine, but they arbitrarily assign callout position by the order you attach the callout. I can get the software to assign like parts the same callout, but I can't seem to alter their positions to be sequential without manually editing the entire table. I often have 75 item with 40 unique callouts in a figure, and several figures in an illustration for a single level of an assembly. It would be convenient to have some organizational management of the callouts for revisions and maintenance.

Would also be nice if there was a way to audit the callouts in a given bom level to make sure we used them all at some point in a given illustration, but until then I guess that's what they pay us for, right?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4708772)

Is this question specifically for Creo Illustrate?

Yes

Top Tags