cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can I create a custom callout in Creo Illustrate that points to the ASM instead of a PRT?

Thomas_More
4-Participant

Can I create a custom callout in Creo Illustrate that points to the ASM instead of a PRT?

Hi all,

Is there a way to edit my customized Creo Illustrate callout to point to the ASM part attributes instead of the PRT part attributes? I'm working with a model that has the connector number metadata that I'm attempting to target in the ASM (highlighted in structure) and not the PRT. Most of the models I work with have the connector metadata in the PRT file and my custom callout works fine. Is there a way to modify the XML to get this to work? Please see my annotation and screenshots below.

Thanks,

Tom

asm structure.PNG

part properties.PNG

My annotation to reference "REF_DES":

<annotation id="ref_des" hasLeaders="true">
<name>Ref_des</name>
<description>Reference Harness ID</description>
<tooltip>Reference Harness ID</tooltip>
<thumbnail url="itmtag_prop.png"/>
<leaders>
<line-style weight="1pt" color="#000000" halo="false" dashes="Solid" start="none" end="none"/>
</leaders>
<label canEdit="true">
<text font="Arial" size="10pt" color="#000000">
<useproperty category="Cable Parameters" name="REF_DES"/>
</text>
<shape type="rectangle" border="true"/>
</label>
</annotation>

3 REPLIES 3
boemi
12-Amethyst
(To:Thomas_More)

Tom, did you found a solution for this issue? I am looking for the same solution. Regards, Marc
Thomas_More
4-Participant
(To:boemi)

Hi Marc,

I found a workaround but not a solution. My memory isn't the clearest, but essentially what I did to accomplish this was by highlighting the .asm and .prt in the BOM and editing the structure so that they're combined. It was good enough for what I was working on. I hope it helps you out.

Cheers,

Tom

boemi
12-Amethyst
(To:Thomas_More)

Hi Tom, Thank you for the feedback, this sounds like a plan. What function of Illustrate I have to use to combine them - BOM restructure? Sorry, I am new on Illustrate. Regards, Marc
Top Tags