cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 2 Keeps Trying to Install Thumbnail Viewer

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Creo 2 Keeps Trying to Install Thumbnail Viewer

We are running Creo 2, M230 for production but have installed Creo 4, M020 for evaluation.  I hope we can move to Creo 4 soon.

When I installed Creo 4, it of course installed the latest version of Creo View and the thumbnail viewer.  Now, every time I fire up Creo 2 it briefly tries to install the Creo 2 version.  Is there a way to stop this from happening?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thumbnail Viewer installer is located in Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M230\install\addon directory.

1. create MYTEMP sub-directory in addon directory
  2. move all files from addon directory to MYTEMP sub-directory

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Thumbnail Viewer installer is located in Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M230\install\addon directory.

1. create MYTEMP sub-directory in addon directory
  2. move all files from addon directory to MYTEMP sub-directory

Martin Hanák

We ended up renaming the msi files. Look in <Creo Loadpoint>\Common Files\M230\install\addon. Depending on the type of system, you should find a file named Thumbviewer_32_64.msi or Thumbviewer_32.msi.

Rename those file (or delete them) and this should stop the installation of thumbnail viewer.

Thanks all, I think both would work, I elected for the subfolder option which has solved the problem.

It seems like a bit of a brute force solution, it'd be nice if PTC would build in a mechanism for detecting that a newer version is installed and stop trying to install the old one.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags