cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo Automatic Updates

meomerali
5-Regular Member

Creo Automatic Updates

Today when there is a new patch for Creo, the old installation needs to be uninstalled and the new version needs to be installed.

If Creo offers within the product the new version available just like windows does or java does, it would be easier for customers to be aware of

a new version. Moreover, this could be a benefit for sales as when a popup says there is new Creo 4.0 and click here to update and click here

to view what is new, would already bring benefits when it comes to selling.

I believe similar feature is available in solidworks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Maybe something like CPS does for Windchill?

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:meomerali)

We use a single network install, so not a real benefit for us.

We do not upgrade Creo that often anyway. Once we go live on a version, we tend to stay there unless there is a compelling reason to change. I have only done 3 build updates in my 5 years here and they were driven by the needs of Windchill.

Windchill has more security issues that may force you to use the CPS's more often, but like Creo, once we go live with a version and build, we generally do not do a build update.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Also, some builds are more robust than others. When Creo 2.0 came out, there were some who stayed on certain builds verses moving up do to new bugs, issues.

meomerali
5-Regular Member

well i believe this is still a benefit, for instance java is always asking for updates but i have to stay on the same build in order not to have compatibility problem for my work laptop. however for the private one i always go to the latest.

i believe customers can also choose to stay on a stable build or consider upgrading. my main idea is to give awareness to all customers that there is a new version and maybe we can on the details say which bugs are fixed and what new echacements are included.. maybe the customer is struggling on one and they wanted to upgrade..

concerning CPS, well in a way yes but not exactly, event CPS are not automatically installed with one click.. i really want some kind of popup to ask "do you want to move to creo xyz? you are currently on creo abc.. if you move here are the benefits.. "    

Top Tags