cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Illustrate 6.1 Build 26 Decal icon and drop down disabled

pcm
4-Participant
4-Participant

Creo Illustrate 6.1 Build 26 Decal icon and drop down disabled

I have added a decal under file/options/illustrations/model/decal.  Initially, the Decals icon under Home/Style was enabled , but the decal drop down options (Add Decal/Edit Decal) were disabled.    I am not sure what I did, but now the Decals icon under Home/Style is still grayed out.    I have been through the online manual about Working with Decals and don't see anything.  Can someone please help?

10 REPLIES 10
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:pcm)

The Add button is disabled when there are no parts with sufficient geometric data to add a decal.

Maybe try a few different data sets to see if the button is enabled for any of them.

One thing to try is whether you are able to select a face on a part, if you can then you should be able to add a decal to the part.

pcm
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

Thank you for responding.  Right now, I cannot even get to the Add Decal menu option.  I had at one time, but for some reason, I cannot now.  I have attached a screenshot of the decal settings and my ribbon where the Decal icon is not enabled.  I have tried one panel, one door the panel is on and heve selected the entire cabinet assembly.  Nothing seems to work.   Any help is appreciated!

agarland
15-Moonstone

Are you seeing this issue with more than one set of data?

Have you been able to verify that you can select faces on the parts?

The image below shows a selected face:

agarland_0-1585575587039.png

You can use the selection filter in the right hand side of the status bar to select only faces, this will make it easier to establish if the geometry has enough geometric detail to be able to apply decals.

If you cannot select faces then it is likely that the data doesn't have the necessary detail for applying decals.

pcm
4-Participant
4-Participant

Well, I started with a totally different .c3di, just to make sure I had different data.  I added my decals (decals.png), and was able to see there was a face (faces1.png), and to be sure, selected the part in the sbom (faces2.png). And still, the Decals icon is not enabled.  

agarland
15-Moonstone

I notice in one of the images that the step editor tab is displayed in the primary panel, is this a sequence step?

Decals cannot be added in sequence steps, only in step 0 (the initial state for the sequence).

If this is a sequence try adding a decal in a normal 3d figure to see if this works.

pcm
4-Participant
4-Participant

I selected the first step (step 0), "Faces" was selected in the status bar, the part was selected in the sBom and still the Decal icon was not enabled...  Until, by chance, I double clicked the face of the part... but even still, the "Add Decal" in its' drop down was  grayed out.  And.. I could not repeat this - I exited Creo, came back in and started over (making sure there was a decal in file/options/Illustrations/model/decal)  and never got the Decal icon to re-enable again.  In response to your suggestion of trying a "normal 3D figure" (I am a newbie so I took this as a figure without a sequence attached) I did open a new figure with no sequence attached and could not get the Decal icon enabled for that figure either.  I also tried creating a sequence for the new figure, and selecting the first step (step 0), with no content/animation in the second (step 1).  I could not get the Decal icon to re-enable here either!  Odd that the Color icon next to it seems to enable/disable just fine when I select the part in the sbom or not.  This is very frustrating!!!

pcm
4-Participant
4-Participant

Ok, I finally got the Decal icon to become enabled, under certain circumstances.  As soon as I add any Symbol except a Sign, the Decal Icon becomes enabled as well as the drop down.  However, when I try to add the decal, I get the "The selected part does not have enough geometric detail" message.  What does this mean, anyway?  The model is very detailed with hundreds of parts.  I tried selecting just the face (.prt) as well as the entire door (.asm).  Got the same message both times.

agarland
15-Moonstone

I think the best action would be to contact tech support so they can investigate the behavior more thoroughly.

You can open a support case here: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Thanks

pcm
4-Participant
4-Participant

Thank you for all your time and help!  Have a good day!😁

JW_9683400
6-Contributor

Hi there! I am currently stuck in the same situation as you mentioned in this thread, did you manage to solve the issue regarding the decals function? What I noticed after trying what you mentioned (placing a symbol) is that the decals can only be pasted on the symbols and would prompt the same error message when the main 3D model is selected.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Top Tags