cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Illustrate Animation Issues

mcaruthers
12-Amethyst

Creo Illustrate Animation Issues

Hello,

Is anyone having issues with model components randomly relocating themselves during animation playback?  This issue is driving me nuts!  I start with a mechanical assembly explode, to display all assembly components.  Then, I fade out all parts except for the initial part.  Process step by process step, I fade in components and rotate, annotate, inset the view on key features, flash, bring in arrows, bring in tools, etc. to create the assembly sequence.  After a couple hours of work, during animation playback, random components will relocate and reorient from its original placement in the animation to some other odd location and orientation in the display view.  This ruins the 2 hours of work to create the animation, because you try to place the component where it's supposed to be, but when you play the animation the component will relocate again to an even more odd location and orientation.  Are there any other Creo Illustrate users that have had this experience?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I am just curious ...

How many components is present in your assembly ?

Did you change assembly structure after importing it into Creo Illustrate.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

There are over 150 components in the sBOM tree.

No.  I did not change the assembly structure after the import.

Thanks,

Hi,

you exploded 150 components and now you are simulating their assembly process ? I think you are very optimistic if you hope that such deal can be finished successfully. In the past I saw some videos showing Creo Illustrate functionality and they always show only a couple of steps.

MH

Martin Hanák

The issue is not whether I can create an animation with 100+ components.  I've done it and am doing it.  My issue involves the random relocation and reorientation of components during animation playback after the animation is created.  Do you have any experience pertaining to this?

Thanks

Hi,

my experience related to Creo Illustrate is very small. I tested the functionality little bit in the past. During testing I met problem with wrong animation - the problem appeared when I modified assembly structure in sbom.

Note: I think that Creo Illustrate is not "highly-developed" piece of software. Not all its features are implemented well.

Suggestion: Contact PTC Support and show them your problem.

Note: If you can reproduce the problem on simple testing assembly, then you can upload it into this discussion using procedure mentioned in How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply. I can test your data in my Creo Illustrate installation.

MH

Martin Hanák

I have experienced this as well.

It mostly seems to go away when I restart the software.

Top Tags