cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Illustrate File Losing Step Sequences

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite

Creo Illustrate File Losing Step Sequences

I built 2 pretty massive files for a presentation to our corporate group. The 1st one took 4 days, and was complete, but once saved, and reopened, all of the steps were gone. While I put in a ticket with PTC, it might be faster to try to find an answer here. I recreated the entire file, saved along the was, 6backups, and Published. While I kept them open, both files were perfect. Closed, reopened, BAM, all the steps were gone, but the last step I had highlighted is now the only Figure remaining. Open the pvz file, and them sBOM and views for each Step are screwed up. Is there a step number limit that kills it? I think I had 79 steps.Any help. please? This presentation was to get approval and funding to implement a global assembly and service documentation system, and Illustrate was it, but not for long if I can't fix this.

4 REPLIES 4

‌are you using Illustrate with the WGM? We have a customer with the exactly same behavior. Work loss of multiple days... A ticket is opened since June, but it looks like PTC can't find the error. For safty you need to save the file to local disk (as a backup)...

Not the correct answer, but I am not operating in Windchill. It seems to happen after 50+ steps in a sequence, though I had 1 that only had 10 steps but had translations. Still no answer from PTC. Anything to do with the Massive Assembly plug-in?

‌have you resolved the issue? In our case PTC still doesn't have any solution.

It seemed to be a compatibility issue with Creo View Express and Illustrate 2.0 & 3.1. Updated to Creo View Lite 3.1 and Illustrate 3.1 and the problem seems to have gone away.

Top Tags